Sunday, December 21, 2008

Typical



Everyone seems to look cooler in the desert. The pictures from New Mexico make us look far more action heroic than we really are, or at least that is true of myself. I am the least exciting action hero ever. I look dumb and awkward most of the time and that's when I'm not tripping over my own feet. However, somewhere inside of me is an extremely dangerous stunt driver. I don't know how he exists, I just know he's there.

Though I may look out of place there, I absolutely love the desert. It could be due to my infatuation with sand and geography but really I think it has more do with opportunity. Out West, it feels like you can do anything. I joked often that in many ways the desert is the opposite of England, which is why it currently feels so good. It's sunny, it's dry, it's pleasant, it's usually warm, and it's full of hope.

1 comment:

Bo Cox said...

So hopeful! come on Mitch... we all know that "you are all sinners, there is no hope, that is all."



-Jesus Video