Monday, March 31, 2008

Au revoir


Today was my last day in Canterbury. It fought me just like I thought it would. I had to run all over campus to get things done, but alas they are now done. Tomorrow I'm catching a bus up to London to spend the night. We are seeing Phantom of the Opera tomorrow night and then I'm waking up in the morning to catch my flight HOME! I am unbelievably excited to go home finally but at the same time am sad to say goodbye. I went next door to say goodbye to Martha's housemates and before I could leave Lena sat me down to tell me a story. It was about dwarfs and a big giant who was mean to them. However the point of the story was that these dwarfs survived by giving happy stones to one another and if you give a happy stone to another person you will most definitely recieve one back. So to say goodbye Lena gave me a Happy Stone, so that whenever I take it out of my pocket I can be happy. So to England, I say thank you and goodnight. I believe I did what I came here to do.

2 comments:

Meg said...

awww i'm sad you aren't here... feels like you still are though. i hope home is treating you well! :)

Bo Cox said...

Mitch! Welcome home. I think I'll call you soon. (that is to say if my phone ever finds reception!!!?!?) guck! for small towns and no ATandT.