Sunday, March 02, 2008

The Mayflower


I don't sleep. Not here, anyways. It's strange because the small amount of sunlight that we don't receive here that you do in the southern U.S. seems to make a big difference in my sleeping schedule. (pronounced shedule by the brits) Also, I have no reason to wake up at any decent hour tomorrow. That's right, i have no responsibilities! It sucks. I'm the type of person that needs something to do to keep from going insane. And that my friends is what islands do to people. They make people crazy. Oh, people will tell you its not true but it is. It is.

Also, I do realize my extreme lack of transition words. I am now considered a regular at Chamber's Café just off of high street, near the Cathedral. I first went there because someone told me they had free wifi and it was a pretty orange color. However much to my surprise, I came to understand that the very building I was enjoying mochas and 50's duwop was the same building that the Mayflower was hired. That means they signed the papers and made it an official trip to the new world in Chamber's Café. Realistically, it was probably called something else like "We don't have the plague Café". None-the-less I was uknowingly drawn to a specific point in Canterbury that is incredibly important to American history. Pretty cool huh? Eh, just another day in a freakishly old place.

2 comments:

Seth said...

hahahahahaha "we don't have the plague cafe"

Meg said...

um i want to go here when michael and i come visit.