Sunday, February 10, 2008

"I tell thee what, prince: a college of wit-crackers cannot flout me out of my humour."


Yesterday I went back to London. We went to Buckingham Palace. I hope I am not the first to say that Buckingham Palace was a complete buzz kill. It is like a really boring version of Congress. I ended up taking lots of pictures of the gate because it was prettier than the actual palace. However, the grounds around it are nice and are apparently the unnatural habitat of gigantic wild birds. No joke, I saw more than one pelican in a pond that was maybe 11 inches deep.
I also rode the tube around the city for the first time and I really enjoyed it. There is something about the subway that I have always associated with personal independence and sustainability. We went to the British Museum to see the Egyptian stuff and ultimately The Rosetta Stone. The Chinese New Year is today so there were huge celebrations going on in London. At the British Museum we saw a paper puppet show and a few other things. That night we went through China Town to get to our theatre and it was bumpin like it was 1999. It was really fun to me amidst the masses. We saw Spamalot from an amazingly high angle. I'm glad I got to see none the less. And I'm almost finished with Blue Like Jazz. More on that later.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Blue Like Jazz is one of my most favorite books, and that is saying a lot as I have read many books, and I only read that book once about three years ago.

Skype date soon?

Micah said...

I saw spamalot from an amazingly high angle two nights ago (very last row in Andrew Jackosn Hall in TPAC). I thoroughly enjoyed it.