Wednesday, February 06, 2008

Today was an "I hate England day"


Remember in Mary Poppins when Michael and Jane go to the bank with thier father and the old scary man in the bank tries to convince Michael to give up his tuppence? Well that old man was a crook and now I understand why Micahel never wanted to give his money to the bank.....becuase they would never give it back. That man will most likely end up like this picture of a dead guy on a coffin I took in a cathedral. Micheal just wanted to feed the birds. What's wrong with that? Nothing! Micheal, there's nothing wrong with not giving the British bank your money, and you know why? Becuase they are rediculuosly incompetent. Without going into the whole of my banking story, I just wanted to share with you that British Banking is completely absurd and is the MOST impractical and inconvinient truth that has ever been. Basically, I cant access my acount for another week.... after a month of attempts. So today was an I hate this country day. I sang a song that was titled, England sucks cause it lost all of its colonies and America is way better.

On a much happier note, my day changed when I recieved a package from the Alwahab family. They sent me candy, peanut putter, a chocolate fish and a Wal-Mart bag. Apparently Clint told them to send me American things. It was one of the best gifts I ever got. Thank you Alwahab family, for making my day great!

Also, it was super tuesday yesterday and we can not participate in the election. We kind of like the stress free environment.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

bahahahahahahahaha! I laughed out loud and very hard at this! And I continued to laugh out loud, even as I attempted to read it aloud to katie.
brilliant. it's okay to have an "I hate England Day" every once in a while. mostly, because I know that means you won't stay there forever.

:)


p.s. that fish is SOLID MILK CHOCOLATE! They hooked you UP!

Clint said...

haha, i think my favorite part of that gift package is the walmart bag... Cause we all need plastic walmart bags when traveling abroad. hahahaha

Anonymous said...

In other election related news, Mitt Romney DROPPED OUT. But Ron Paul hasn't...

Red said...

Your song sounds fun.

I'm sorry you had a rough bank day. But peanut butter makes EVERYTHING better!

Miss you