Wednesday, February 20, 2008


Today I was walking through town and I noticed the usual triplet of pigeons in my way. A pigeon's merit in Canterbury is probably based on how well it can dodge the people around it. Well, this pigeon was obviously not the brightest of it kind. It flew into my face. Yep. First it hovered in the air, looked at me then looked away, then flew over my head and then fell on my face. I'm not positive about the physics of the event I just know it happened..... and it was awkward and no one was there with me to laugh or cry or feel awkward. It was just a bunch of strangers who looked at me like I was annoyingly new at walking through medieval cities.
Another note. About a month ago Victor brought home a large map of the United States with details of the 2008 election printed on it. We loved it so much that it now hangs in our kitchen just to the left of the frig and to the right of a cabinet. The best parts are the daily additions to the map. Everyone who comes into our house seems to have something to say about something on the map. So I bought a big Sharpie to write things on it. I didn't write the obscene things. Those were written by my house mates.

Also, I saw this on the way home. I guess they used to hang people here. Creepy.

And, I am going to Doublin tomorrow.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Clint said...

i like the oregon trail drawing... i have the feeling an american put that contribution on the map.

Mitch said...

it was me.