Friday, February 08, 2008

"No, the world must be peopled"


Last night at Ichthus we made pancakes. English pancakes are somewhat different than American pancakes. Here, they are very flat and big and after you cook them you roll them up like a burrito. It actually makes the pancake eating process much easier. However last night I was responsible for cooking my own pancake. I put too much oil into the pan so I think I kind of fried it. When confronted about my mistake the dialogue was as follows


MITCH: It's okay it'll just turn out like funnel cake.
THE BRITS: ......................
MITCH: Okay, I guess that one didn't translate.
THE BRITS: .....................
MITCH: It's like a big donut.
THE BRITS: Oh yeah, right! That makes since.

Since I purchased my RSC: The Complete Works of William Shakespeare I have decided to title my posts with some of his more excellent quotes. Today's quote is from Much Ado About Nothing when Benedict gives a monologue on why it is reasonable to fall in love.

No comments: