Sunday, January 13, 2008

everyone, everyone, everyone needs adventure


Today I got lost going to church. I walking into town and then realized I was on an island called England and had no idea where I was going. I completely missed service so I stopped in Starbucks to rest because I had been walking for like 30 minutes. It was nice to sit by myself and read and write. I ordered a mocha thinking it would be a fairly easy translation. It was odd because i think they put creme in it and they served it to me in a real mug. Now I know you can do that back at home if you request it but seriously, who does that? They also asked me when I ordered, "Will you be drinking it?" I thought to myself, "That's the dumbest question a person could ask at a Starbucks." However, I think it really means, "Here, or to go?"

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

mitch, i know how you feel. when we went to scotland in '05 i ordered a white chocolate mocha latte and the barista snapped back at me "its called a white mocha" and turned around. i felt 12 years old again-when you feel vulnerable in a place like starbucks because you feel like a coffee fool. but dont worry, its all uphill from here.

Anonymous said...

hahaha man that's hillarious...."will you be drinking it?".....haha

Clint said...

it is called a white mocha LIZZY. get it straight.

Andrew Duffell said...

Are you sure they didn't say "in", not "it"?

Mitch said...

that would make a lot more sense.