Thursday, January 31, 2008


Yesterday ended on a very good note. For those of you who don’t know I had a some issues with ridding the bus that sprung up this weekend. Thankfully and prayerfully I made it to London to see a show and back again. We saw Shakespeare’s Much Ado About Nothing and it was incredible! But wait for it.. the best part about it was the Beatrice was played by Zoe Wanamaker who is Madame Hooch in the Harry Potter films. I know you jealous right. I got to see Madame Hooch in person. Not only can she teach flying but she gave a fantastic performance. This was my first experience at The National Theatre and I was very much pleased.
Physical Theatre is still kicking my butt. I’m not kidding. I am still sore two days after our class. This is was our third week of class so one would think I would be used to it by now.
They say that around the third week of the study abroad experience most people experience some sort of homesickness. Combined with uncontrollable life circumstances this was very true. I have missed the strangest things. Lately, I have been wishing to just look at something and it be normal. I have been craving the mall recently. How often do I go to the mall at home? Hardly ever, but right now I would love to just touch one. I have also been longing to see people drive on the right side of the road. It gets old, really... looking the wrong way down the street when you need to cross. However, seeing the play last night really helped. It reminded me of why I am here and that there is a good deal of experiences that I need to have. I am leaving for Spain tomorrow... for the weekend. Can you say that?

1 comment:

Bo Cox said...

I can say that, Mitch. But it would be very much a lie. haha. Hey, that's really cool about the play. That sounds fantastic! Or, as they say at Disney, "Fantasmic!" I can't wait to hear about Spain. Hablas mucho espanol? I've got about 18 more days here in K-town (which I am by the way, and for the record, not throwing down on.) Oh...substitute teaching is insane! In a fun way!

talk to you soon, I hope.
-bo