Wednesday, January 23, 2008


Yesterday we had a guest lecturer in Physical Theatre. It was the most awesome technique work I have ever learned. It was really great to learn something that I would not be exposed to back at home. Today however, I am more sore than a mad cat. We were pretty much doing squats for three hours and for that reason I didn't walk into town today.

Before today I hadn't spoken in my Shakespeare seminar. Well actually I hadn't ever been to my Shakespeare seminar because I couldn't find it last week. For the first hour and a half the other students talked and debated different topics about the play we had seen and then I spoke. You know in the movies when a character says something really outrageous and every person in the room stops what they're doing and looks at him? That's what happened to me, only I wasn't saying anything outrageous I just had a funny accent. Out of the corner of my eye I could see a girl straining to look over the shoulder of her neighbor. It was kind of a funny moment and at the same time terrifying. But now my cover is blown, they know I'm an American. The revolution got brought up for about two seconds. I was content.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

dude i love reading this

Anonymous said...

If they think that you're American, I wonder how many head-turns my deep south accent would get. At least you sound non-regional.

Love and miss you. keep updating. it's good food for this hungry soul.